Though I tried for weeks to source a few more of the connectors used on the current uIEC/SD design, the effort proved fruitless. In parallel, I started asking suppliers for other options. As the hope for more old stock dwindled, I decided to source a new connector. I selected a connector that is both less expensive than the older option and can be sourced from multiple companies. This should alleviate my dependence on a single supplier for such a critical component.
I also purchased a stock of Micro SD sockets. The price was right, and I think it’s time I designed something using uSD.
Of course, this decision implies I have to finish the new uIEC/SD board design, spin a new board, and create a new surface mount stencil. Still, the total cost compares favorably to buying old stock SD connectors, even if they were available.